Department of Studies and Planning and follow-up
- Preparing annual academic plan of the University and following up its implementation.
- Preparing the calendar of the efficient performance of the university.
- Preparing and organizing the actual and technical staff according to the official instructions.
- Organizing the administrative financial staff of the staff of the colleges of the university according to the official instructions.
- Preparing the statistical reports of the centre of the university and its colleges and centres.
- Preparing the especial directory of the University of Baghdad.
- Preparing the annual report of the university.
- Doing the administrative development tasks of the university and its colleges and centres.
First: The organizational Framework
- Receiving the academic (numbers and specializations of the faculty members) ,technical and administrative of the colleges in accord with a prior request from the planning and follow up department to unify and arrange them in preparation to submit it to Mr. Assistant President for administrative affairs by the head of the department to be authenticated and then work to implement them.
- Considering the applications of transfer and appointment that are received from the ministry or the colleges in the light of the degree of financial need as it is in the planning and follow up department. (Databases of organizational framework) and conducting communications with the concerned colleges to make sure of the availability of the need and then reply to the concerned authority.
- Take the necessary process for appointment and exceptional transfer received from the ministry.
- Preparing a special table in 30/6 and another 30/9 of every year provided by the Ministry of Finance including the academic ,technical and administrative staff revised in accord with the law of staff members including the actual occupied classified into grades ,it includes also the updated for the purpose of appointment.
- Sending the table above to the official channel to the Ministry of Finance for authenticating the budget in preparation for its implementation next year.
- Renewal of the private staff records at the end of every year for the purposes of adopting it by the Ministry of Finance in the light of the financial budget that has already been sent to them.
- Take what is required concerning the change of the addresses of the staff at the university and its colleges and centres according to the official instructions and in the light of the vacancies available in the financial staff.
- Take what is required concerning the deletion and development of the occupational degrees for the purpose of transfer and promotions.
- Signaling the occupational and financial staff in relation to retirement, resignation, transfer, promotions.
- Putting the private information of the faculty members, technicians, and administrators on the computer.
Second: The Administrative Development:
- Put an annual training plan for the staff of the university and its colleges and centers to implement the decision of the dissolved Revolutionary Command Council No. 361 on 24/3/1983, and submit them to Mr. Assistant President for Administrative Affairs for authentication.
- Generalize the plan on the sections of the university (colleges and centers) for the purpose of naming their candidates after they are coordinated with continuing education in the colleges for the purpose of implementing the training programmes included in the plan above.
- Following -up the implementation of the items of the training plan in coordination with the units of continuing education in colleges.
- Prepare a total report for the training plan at the end of each year and submit it to Mr. Assistant President for Administrative Affairs for information.
- Preparing the annual report of the administrative reform according to the form approved by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research in the light of reports of the administrative reform received by the sections of the university.
- Sending the annual administrative reform report referred to above to the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research by Mr. Assistant President of Administrative Affairs.
- Prepare a report of assessing the semi - annual activities of the colleges according to the models prepared by the ministry and filled by the colleges and centers of the University. Send the above assessment to the ministry by Mr. Assistant President of Administrative Affairs.
- Putting a plan of automate administrative work and supervising its implementation in the scope of the university and its colleges and centers after approval by the Assistant Mr. President of Administrative Affairs.
- Preparing the administrative field studies that are required to improve the administrative performance and raise efficiency and effectiveness.
- Working on a system of job descriptions, administrative, technical and academic (Occupation description) in the university and its colleges and centers using the computer.
- Preparing of the organizational evidence (organizational framework) of the university and its colleges, centers and updating them.
Third: Units of the department:
- The Unit of Studies and Planning:
- Preparing an annual academic plan of the University and following up their implementation.
- Preparing the organizational framework of the sections of the university and organizing the organizational charts.
- Preparing and organizing the academic, technical and administrative staff and according to the principles adopted in the official organizational framework forms (academic -technical - administrative) for the sections of the university and sent them to the ministry.
- Preparing the directory of the University of Baghdad.
- Unite of Statistics
- Statistics Tertiary of the formations of the university and providing the Ministry with a detailed report, according to tables prepared for that annually.
- Preparing the annual report of the University.
- Preparing a report of Administration.
- Unite of Database :
- Preparing a database of all members of the university and configurations and entering data on the special programmes on the computer.
- Preparing statistical reports of the centre of the university and its colleges and centers, and determine the point of enrollment of the university staff and its formations.
- Unit of Alumni Affairs:
- Building a database of graduates in each college of the university, containing the names of graduates and their specializations and grades and experiences in addition to the documentation addresses to contact them when necessary.
- Publish the names of graduates and their specializations on the University's website in collaboration with the Computer Center, and make the necessary contacts with graduates using e-mail addresses that are obtained from them after graduation.
- Address the corporate and government institutions, and private and mixed companies that desire to recruit the graduates, and provide them with experience of our colleges' graduates and their CVs.
- Equip graduates of developments in the curriculum in the departments and sections where they have graduated to be able to keep pace with progress in their field of science.
- Unit of the Central Documentation:
- Organizing special courses for members of the university in charge of the implementation of documentation in the colleges, institutes and departments, centers and departments to identify using scanners to save electronic copies of documents and data of faculty members, staff and students on the computer in every section.
- Unifying what is being done to electronic documentation in the sections of the university.
- Continuing to update the information periodically by the sections of the university every three months, for the purpose of notation in the database.
- The unit of the security file: Preparing reports of the security file.