Presidency of the University of Baghdad – Department of Financial Affairs
The Department of Finance follows up the financial needs of the university and works to complete the work through the activity of each section of the Department of Finance and according to its specialization .The financial sections are considered one integrated unit within the Finance Affairs Department as follows:
- Financial Planning Section : - The section prepares the annual budget and discusses it with the Ministry of Finance and determines the needs and requirements of colleges ,institutes and centers of the University through providing the financial requirements of goods and services, fixed assets, maintenance and funding of salaries and follow them up monthly with the Ministry of Finance and follow-up transfers between budget appropriations allocations and follow-up the letters from the ministry, instructions, and circulated them to the University and follow-up letters and inquiries from colleges, institutes and departments of the University and answer them .
- Unified Reports Section: - The section collects and consolidates the balance of audit issued by the colleges and institutes with a consolidated balance of the colleges ,institutes and centres of the university which are (33) and prepare the expenditure tables at the university level regarding the exploitation and implementation of exchange within the financial allocations under the federal budget and determine the percentage of exceeding spending within the approved allocations in the budget and preparing incomes tables at the university level and in conformity with the consolidated bank statement.
- Accounts Section - The section of Accounts is within the formations that are funded, as in colleges and institutions of the University , it is implementing budget that is related to supplies and service commodity and maintenance of assets after obtaining fundamental approvals through the payment of salaries, allowances and facilitate all the transactions of the Centre of the University.
- The accounts of the investment plan: - The section is the implementation of expenditures for capital projects within the investment budget of projects under contract with the university and the exchange of approved allowances by checking and calculating the provided work by the Engineering Section and follow-up the absolute funding by the Ministry of Planning and preparing the grouped tables monthly including expenses, which depend upon the funding mechanism from the Ministry of Finance and preparing balances monthly and following -up the transfers between projects within the annual investment budget plan.
- Section of Higher Education Fund: - According to the provisions of Articles (10) and (47) of the Act of the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research (40) of 1988 and the Help Fund numbered (none) of 2004 the Fund is working in the university to meet the bottlenecks within the operating budget and the distribution of annual incentives, and receive the revenues of all kinds, grants, donations and preparing the monthly balances and answering the colleges of the inquiries related to the activities fund of Higher Education.
- Provisions Section : it meets the needs of the departments of the university of the purchased materials by the central committees of the fixed assets and equipment, stationery and consumer goods, sports and spare parts of cars and receipt of gifts and donations of the Ministry and distributed them to the colleges, centers and institutes, as directed by the President of the University and the inventory of assets of departments of the university and set up write-off committees to write off consumed materials after obtaining fundamental approvals and follow-up stores and organize them with putting all the materials in and out in the records of the section of provisions.