Baghdad University Council resolutions – 4th session (2017)
Directives of president of the council:
1. The authored book is approved and its type is determined (resource, methodological or assistant book) by the scientific committee in all university formations within their scientific plans and validated by the councils.
2. The importance and quality of research is approved by the scientific committees in all university formations.
3. Directing the scientific promotion’ subcommittees to scrutinize the terms of reference of external evaluators by visiting the relevant university sites to learn about the terms of reference and the CV of the experts.
4. The accreditation of supervisors of scientific promotions to evaluate scientific promotion research in cases where the expert has no competence in a particular specialty to avoid any problems.
5. Scientific promotion’ transactions are to be sent to those in service in all university formations, both local or foreign experts to exchange knowledge in teaching and research fields and to be sent to retirees in case of absence of alternative competence.
6. Directing the central scientific promotion committee to use a database in terms of the date of receipt of the transaction from the subcommittees in all university formations to follow-up.
7. Directing the faculties to speed up the registration of students in the evening studies compatible with the morning studies.
8. Preparation of graduation ceremony for the academic year (2015-2016), the 59th session named (with our students and our sacred crowd, we protect and build Iraq), which will be held on the stadiums of the college of physical education and sports science on Saturday 3/12/2016 and announcing its date on the websites of all university formations.
9. Directing all university formations to provide the financial support for the graduation ceremony for the academic year (2015-2016).
10. Attention to interfaces of all colleges, centers and institutes, cleanness to show the beautiful facade of our university and to serve the educational process.
11. Directing all university formations to report on the completion of the electronic form.
12. Directing the department of studies, planning and follow-up to report on progress of e-governance.
13. Directing all university formations to submit periodic reports on their strategy and its application.
14. Directing the department of studies, planning and follow-up to report on the university strategy.
15. The council was briefed on the statistics prepared by the department of postgraduate studies on the students who were accepted through expansion in postgraduate studies to fill vacant seats for the academic year (2015-2016) prepared on the guidance of president of the council at the 22nd meeting held in 8/8/2016.
The council considered the notes by the Central Scientific Promotions Committee, No. 169 and 178 dated on 26/10 and 8/11/2016 on its recommendations adopted at its 19th and 21st meetings in 17/5 and 20/6/2016, on the promotion of the teaching staff listed below to professorship for completing the requirements of scientific promotion in terms of authenticity in their research and the duration of university service:
Date of promotion
Dr. Zainab Munib Malik
Faculty of education for pure sciences – Ibn al Haitham
Dr. Faisal Ghazi Majhol
Faculty of arts
Dr. Anas Essam Ismail
Faculty of education for women
Philosophy of religion origins
Dr. Laith Mohammed Jawad
Dr. Faculty of science
1. To approve the promotion of the teaching staff mentioned above to professorships according to the respective dates for completing the requirements of scientific promotion in terms of authenticity in their research and the duration of university service.
2. Congratulate the above-mentioned teaching staff for gaining the title of professorship.
3. Sending a letter of thanks and appreciation to the professors in sequences 1 and 4 in the table above for presenting (at least five papers marked with originality) and publishing their promotions in university’s publications.