Rector of University of Baghdad
Prof. Dr. Alaa Abdul Hussein Abdul Rasool
* Name: Alaa Mohammed Abdul Hussein Abdul Rasool Al-Kashwan.
* Place and date of birth: Karbala, Iraq, 1956.
* Social status: married.
* Current address: University of Baghdad.
* Official Email: [email protected]
* General specialty: pharmacy.
* Specific specialty: pharmaceutics – industrial pharmacy.
* Date of appointment at University: 8/5/1980.
* Academic achievement: BSC in pharmacy/University of Baghdad, 1978.
PhD in pharmaceuticals – pharmaceutical industry/University of Kentucky, United States, 1986.
* A pharmacist: College of pharmacy/University of Baghdad, 1980.
* Teacher Dr.: College of Pharmacy/University of Baghdad, 1986.
* Rapporteur of the department of pharmaceutics/ College of Pharmacy/University of Baghdad (1986-1990).
* Rapporteur of College council: College of Pharmacy/University of Baghdad (1990-1995).
* Head of the department of pharmaceutics: Faculty of pharmacy/ University of Baghdad (1995-2002).
* Head of the department of pharmaceutics: Faculty of pharmacy/ University of Baghdad (2004-2005).
* Dean of College of pharmacy: University of Baghdad (2005-2012).
* Current job title: President of University of Baghdad (2012 yet).
* Teacher: 1986.
* Assistant Professor: 1990.
* Professor: 1999.
* Postgraduate supervision: (90) theses MA and PhD.
* Publications: (60) papers in addition to others under publication in academic international and local journals.
* Pharmaceutical documented studies: (50) diverse studies in the field of pharmacy and pharmaceutical industry.
* Pharmaceutical research projects: (20) researches for the ministry of higher education/research and development department/pharmaceutical industry and bioequivalence.
* Pharmaceutical industrial conferences and symposiums: (60) conferences in America, Switzerland, Sweden, China, Egypt, Oman, Syria and U.A.E.
* Top Professor in 2000 at the college.
* Top Professor in scientific competence care Act’s in pharmacy for three consecutive years since the issue of that Act (2000 – 2001 – 2002).
* Rapporteur of the papers of the journal of the American Society of pharmaceutical sciences – technology of pharmaceutical science (America) and other scientific journals.
* Head and member of discussion committees for more than (100) MA and PhD.
* Acknowledgement and certificates: over (100) discretionary certificates and one letter of acknowledgement from the ministers of higher education/health/industry/University Presidents and deans.
-Other scientific and professional tasks & former and current courses:
Scientific and Professional Tasks:
1 Chairman of the National Commission for the selection of medicines – Ministry of health
2 Chairman of the National Commission for the selection of botanical medicine and nutritional supplements – Ministry of health
3 Chairman of the Committee on medical science – certificates equivalence – Ministry of higher education and scientific research
4 Member of the high technical and scientific committee to evaluate pharmaceutical research projects – Ministry of higher education
5 Member of the scientific committee to assess medical research projects – Ministry of higher education
6 Visiting Professor and lecturer at the universities of Eden – Mosul – Kufa – Arbil
7 Chairman of the committee of the deans of the faculties of pharmacy in Iraq
8 Chairman of the Editorial Board of the Iraqi Journal of pharmaceutical sciences
9 University management system session – United States
10 Workshop for the deans of medical group – Amman
11 Workshop on health program development and pharmaceutical policy – Amman
12 Workshop on admission in British universities – Amman
13 Consultant of the pharmaceutical company in Samarra and member of the committee for the development of the pharmaceutical industry -Ministry of industry
14 Member of pharmaceutical registration committee – Ministry of health
15 Member of bioequivalence committee – Ministry of health
16 Vice-captain of Iraqi pharmacists (2004-2005)
17 Founder and member of the Iraqi board of clinical pharmacy/Iraqi council of medical specialties as the first board in the Arab Homeland
18 Director of pharmaceutical consulting office and cooperation mechanism-Faculty of Pharmacy
19 Member of pharmaceutical vigilance committee – Ministry of health
20 Member of the operating room to control medicines circulation – Ministry of health
21 Member of the scientific committee to test the validity of candidates for recruitment in University
22 Consultant and head of pharmaceutical research assessment committee – Ibn Sina Center
23 Chairman of the committee on scientific promotions at College
24 Member of the committee of industrial pharmacy of Arab universities Union- colleges of pharmacy – procedures of the bioequivalence symposium – Amman
25 Member of the American and Iraqi pharmaceutical society
Positions held at the college of pharmacy/University of Baghdad:
· Pharmacist: 1980-1981.
· Professor of postgraduate studies (PhD): 1986.
· Rapporteur of the department of pharmaceutics: 1986-1990.
· Rapporteur of the college’ council: 1990-1995.
· Head of the department of pharmaceutics: 1995-2005.
· Dean of the faculty of pharmacy: 2005-2012.
. Current position: Rector of University of Baghdad: from 2012 yet.
· Teaching in the colleges of pharmacy on the local and global levels.
· Supervise on (90) postgraduate student (PhD & MA) in various areas of pharmaceutical specialty.
· Participate in more than (60) local and international conferences in different countries (United States, Switzerland, Sweden, China, Egypt, Oman, Syria, U.A.E., Etc.).
· Publishing more than (60) researches in local and international journals.
· Publishing (50) studies in pharmaceutical industries.
· Publishing (20) researches in pharmaceutical areas – research and development department.
· Chairman of the National Committee for the selection of drugs (Ministry of health).
· Chairman of the National Commission for the selection of botanical medicine (Ministry of health).
· Chairman of the committee of deans of pharmacy (Ministry of higher education and scientific research).
· Chairman of the committee of medical diploma (Ministry of higher education and scientific research).
· Chairman of pharmaceutical consulting bureau (Faculty of pharmacy – University of Baghdad).
· Editor in chief of the Iraqi Journal of pharmaceutical sciences.
· Rapporteur of the American Journal of pharmaceutical sciences.
· Founder and member of the Iraqi Board in clinical pharmacy.
· Membership in more than (10) professional organizations and local and international scientific associations.
· Top Professor at the faculty of pharmacy (2000).
· Top Professor in scientific competence care Act’s in pharmacy for three consecutive years since the issue of that Act (2000 – 2001 – 2002).
· Scientific award from the Iraqi pharmaceutical society.
· Over (100) discretionary certificates and one letter of acknowledgement from the ministers of higher education, health, industry as well as university presidents and deans).