College of Islamic Sciences
College Website: www.cois.uobaghdad.edu.iq
It was established in 1067 and it was called Abu-Haneefa. It was considered the first Islamic school in Baghdad. Then its name was changed into house of science in1933.It was then renamed into College of Sharia in1946. Afterwards it joined College of Arts in 1963. It was named as Imam Al-Aadam for Islamic studies in1967 .Its name was changed again into College of Islamic Sciences in 1990. The aim of the college is to preserve Islamic heritage proficiency and capacity to affect individuals’ conduct. It consists of three departments (religion principles. Sharia, and Arabic language).