Baghdad University Council resolutions – 13th session (2017)
1. Directing deans of the faculties to provide assistance and cooperation with the ministry of education regarding the final examinations of the secondary stage.
2. Directing all university formations regarding the competitive examination of postgraduate students as follows:
-The questions should be logical and objective to show the applicant’s susceptibility and willingness to admit to postgraduate studies.
-Formation of committees in each department to prepare competitive examination questions according to specialty under supervision of the college dean on condition that a professor should nor by of the relatives of examiners.
3. Direct the deaneries of all university formations to restrict close specialties.
4. Direct the registration division of all university formations to be careful and cautious in calculating the rates of graduate students.
5. Accreditation of any scientific journal is to be approved by the college councils according to the standards approved before being submitted to the University Council.
The council considered the memorandum of the Committee for Central Scientific Promotion, No. 73 on 26/2/2017 concerning the recommendation of the Committee for Central Scientific Promotions at its 7th meeting on 3/1/2017 on the promotion of the teaching staff listed below to professorships for completion of requirements of scientific promotion in terms of authenticity in their research and university service:
Date of promotion
Dr. Ali Jassim Hashim
Faculty of medicine
Dr. Halla Ghazi Mahmood
Faculty of medicine
1. Approval of the promotion of the teaching staff listed below to professorships for completion of requirements of scientific promotion in terms of authenticity in their research and university service with no financial implications prior to the university order.
2. Congratulating the above-mentioned instructors for gaining the title of professorship.
3. Send a letter of thanks and appreciation to those listed above for submission of (at least five papers marked with originality).
4. Committee for central Scientific Promotions should submit the names of those listed above for publication and to highlight their promotion in the university’s publications.
The council considered the note by the Department of Scientific Affairs, No. (443) on 28/3/2017) and its annex regarding the recommendation of the Scientific Affairs Department for scientific journals accredited according to the criteria adopted, No. (5166) on 3/11/2016 for approval by the University Council and after discussion, the council adopted the following resolution:
Approval of the adoption of the following scientific journals was not reached at:
1. Journal of Biology, agriculture and health care.