Baghdad University Council resolutions – 10th session (2017)
Directives of president of the council:
1. Direct the Chairman of the Central Scientific Promotion Committee to prepare a study on the mechanism of objection to assessment of scientific researches and the conditions adopted with the suggestions discussed for promotions.
2. Direct the deaneries in all university formations to update the instructors’ profiles in Google Scholar and presenting their published research.
3. Direct the Central Scientific Promotion Committee and sub-committees in all university formations to examine information in scientific promotion forms and the research titles.
4. Direct all university formations to adopt the scientific promotion e-form.
5. Praising the efforts exerted by all university formations to complete the work of quality assurance committees for the university rankings and for documentation and archive of data.
6. Direct the deans in all university formations to contact with representatives of teaching staff and students in their university formations.
7. Applying for extension of a contract in all university formations should be before 3 months of its end according to the controls approved with no exception.
8. Direct the deaneries in all university formations to update teaching staff database based on their specialty in accordance with university orders of doctoral degrees.
9. Emphasize the importance of media activities in all university formations and sending news to the department of media and public relations to be published in university journal and on university website.
10. Attention to university websites in all formations and the importance of publishing CVs of teaching, lectures and the accredited journals.
11. Direct all university formations to take graduation photos during the period (23/3 – 1/4/2017).
12. Direct the dean of the faculty of agriculture to distribute plants to implant them in all university formations in Jadiria, Bab al-Muadam complexes and other faculties.
The council considered the notes of the Committee on Central Scientific Promotion, No.(169) on 26/10/2016 and (18) on 17/1/2017 on the recommendations of the Committee for Central Scientific Promotions adopted at its 19th meetings held on 17/5/2016 and V, held on 13/12/2016 on the promotion of the teaching staff mentioned below to professorship for completion of their scientific promotion requirements in terms of authenticity in their research and duration of university service:
Date of promotion
Dr. Suhad Qassim Saeed
Faculty of physical education and sport science for women
Dr. Abbas Ghali Dawood
Faculty of education for humanities/Ibn Rushd
Dr. Ali Abdul Hussein Saleh
Faculty of administration and economics
Dr. Abdul Qadir Abdul Hameed Abdul Latif
Faculty of Islamic sciences
Shatha Fadhil Narin
Faculty of science for women
Dr. Khalida Ibrahim Hashim
Faculty of agriculture
Plant breeding/fodder crops
Dr. Sajida Hussein Ismail
Faculty of pharmacy
Dr. Muna Musa Abbas
Faculty of science
Dr. Firas Jawad Kazim
Faculty of science
Physics/laser and molecular
Dr. Abdul Nabi Khazal Jassim
Faculty of media
Dr. Salar Ali Khidr
Faculty of education for women
Dr. Shatha Saleh Mahdi
Faculty of science
1. Approve the promotion of the teaching staff mentioned above to professorship for completion of their scientific promotion requirements in terms of authenticity in their research and duration of university service, with no financial implications prior to the issuance of the university order.
2. Congratulate those listed above for receiving the title of professorship.
3. Send a letter of thanks and appreciation to the professors in the sequences (1, 2, 5, 6, 9, 11) mentioned in the table above for presenting (at least five research marked with authenticity) and direct the Central Scientific Promotion Committee to submit their names for publication and highlight their promotions in university publications.
Scientific journals accredited for publication for the purpose of scientific promotions:
The council considered the notes of the Scientific Affairs Department, No. (146, 193) on 31/1/ with respect to scientific journals and criteria for approval by the university council and after discussion the council reached at the following resolution:
Non-approval of the accreditation of the following journals for the purpose of scientific promotions as follow:
-International Academic Journal of Social Science.
-International Journal of Advanced Research in Biological Science.
-International Journal of Business and Applied Social Science.
-International Journal of Application or Innovation in Engineering & Management.
-Muhtarif Journal issued by the department of science and physical and sport activities technologies/Zian Ashura’ University, Algeria.
-Translation and Linguistics Journal issued by Iraqi Translators Federation.
The council considered the notes of the Scientific Affairs Department, No. (196) on 6/2/2017 with respect to leave of Dr. Athmar Shakir Majeed / Faculty of education for women for one day a week to work in Nahrain Strategic Center at the Legal and Administrative Division, ministry of higher education and scientific research to give advice and counseling in her specialty in human rights according to the instructions of cooperation mechanism between the ministry formations with ministries and non-ministry entities, No. (160), 2009.
Approval of leave of Dr. Athmar Shakir Majeed / Faculty of education for women for one day a week to work in Nahrain Strategic Center at the Legal and Administrative Division, ministry of higher education and scientific research to give advice and counseling in her specialty in human rights according to the instructions of cooperation mechanism between the ministry formations with ministries and non-ministry entities, No. (160), 2009.
The 11th session is an exceptional session that discussed a law proposed entitled (Ministry of higher education, research and technology) to exchange opinions and remarks concerned.