Baghdad University Council resolutions – 6th session (2017)
Directives of president of the council:
1. Confirmation that the authored book is approved and its type is determined (resource, methodological or assistant book) by the scientific committee in all university formations within their scientific plans in accordance with the adopted contexts.
2. Confirmation on publishing scientific researches in discreet scientific journals since modern university rankings relay heavily on them.
3. Discussing the publication of scientific researches for scientific promotions in all university formations councils periodically to provide teaching staff with updated instructions and guidelines.
4. Attention to the subject of national classification standards for Iraqi universities and documentation of information for each department after updated periodically.
5. Directing the director of department of quality assurance and university performance to hold a meeting with directors of quality assurance and university performance, scientific affairs, studies and planning units in all university formations to explain the subject of the national classification standards for Iraqi universities.
6. Directing all university formations and departments to continuously update and document their databases.
7. Attention to registration units in all university formations to enter student data, calculate their grades.
8. Assign teaching staff to examination committees periodically.
9. Compensatory time off for instructors at examination committees should not affect the course of the teaching process.
10. Coordination with the corresponding faculties for holding joint conferences and not to hold two basic conferences at the same time and in case of changing the date, the approval of university presidency should be taken first.
11. Informing the department of media and public relations at the university presidency of any activities outside the plan to publicize.
12. Directing Associate Rector for administrative affairs to form disciplinary committees for students in the dormitories from their faculties with a member from the dormitories.
The council considered the notes by the committee on central scientific promotions, No. 193 and 194 on 19/10 and 8/12/2016 on the promotion of the teaching staff listed below after completing the requirements of scientific promotion in terms of authenticity in their research and duration of university service:
Date of promotion
Dr. Abd Ali Jnizil
Faculty of education for pure sciences – Ibn al Haitham
Dr. Intisar Kazim Abdul Karim
Faculty of physical education and sport science for women
1. Approve the promotion of the above-mentioned teaching staff to professorship as the respective dates for completing the requirements for promotion in terms of authenticity in their research and the duration of the university service.
2. Congratulating the above-mentioned instructors for gaining the title of professorship.
Scientific journals accredited to publish researches for the purpose of scientific promotions:
The council considered the notes of the department of scientific affairs, No. p/1190, 1218, 11935 in 7 and 12/12/2016, and its annex on recommendations approved by the book (5166) in 3/11/2016, then after discussion the council approved the following resolution:
1. Approve the accreditation of the following scientific journals following for the purpose of scientific promotions:
1. International Journal of Science and Research ISSN 2319.
2. Isor Journal of Pharmacy and Biological Science, ISSN 2278 – 3008.
3. Current research in Microbiology and Biotechnology, ISSN 2320-2246.
4. American Journal of Physics and Applications ISSN 2330-4308.
2. Non-approval of accreditation of other journals for non-conformity with the adopted criteria.